Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Principal Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
As a Principal Information System Security Engineer, you will provide critical systems, application and infrastructure support to our Department of Defense customer. You have the opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development. This is a great opportunity for technical and professional growth.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
This is an on-site full time position. No remote work is available for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Design and implement security related products and configurations on an enterprise level. Integrate products into current environment.
- Define, plan, design, and evaluate information security systems and architecture
- Provide creative solutions to secure IT integration challenges
- Perform requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software applications and collaboration infrastructures
- Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes
- Write implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Create and maintain information system security documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Conduct periodic and continuous monitoring of the system, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with the authorization package
- Work within the IA team to perform basic system administration and maintain various IA tools, including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring capabilities
- Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions; track findings with POA&M through mitigation and/or risk acceptance
- Responsible for the implementation of the information assurance program controls in accordance with DoDD 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Policy, DoDM 5205.07 SAP Security Manual(s), and the JSIG.
- Work on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineering personnel
- Remain sensitive to security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested
- Communicate well, both written and verbal.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 7 - 10 years related experience;
- Requires expert technical knowledge in security engineering and IT systems engineering
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and be capable of quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy
- Experience with modern Windows, UNIX, network operating systems, databases, and virtual computing
- Strong IT system and application engineering background with experience in Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory Group Policy, SQL, networking, VMware vSphere, and auditing
- Experience with certification testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), information assurance tools, DoD STIG, and vulnerability assessment
- DoD 8570.1 / DoD 8140.01 certification (IAT III Level certification- CISSP is preferred)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship and active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.