Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for multiple Staff IT Systems Administrators for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, customer-oriented professional with experience in operating and supporting secure Microsoft Windows based information systems to join a team of engineers and administrators supporting a worldwide DoD enterprise IT network.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret US Government clearance
- Provide on-site and remote IT systems administration of Microsoft Windows servers and workstations, terminal servers, file and print servers, and organizational folder structures. Additional administrative duties include adding and removing user accounts, performing backups, installing software, monitoring systems, and day-to-day user assistance.
- Author system documentation, analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies, and optimize information system performance.
- Install, configure, and uninstall computer system and network hardware components including internal and peripheral devices, memory chips, video cards, hard drives, printers, network interface cards, media converters, routers and switches.
- Determining appropriate solutions based on issue details provided by customers, and properly escalating unresolved issues to the next level of support as appropriate.
- Accurately recording details of work activities within Service Now IT service management system. Ensure quality and productivity standards are met while meeting customer schedules.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and continuously track problems through to resolution.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers; Microsoft Windows 10; administering Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and workstation and server hardware; administering Microsoft Office 2010/2016; administering DNS, Group Policy, and PKI; administering vSphere, Horizon View, data backup, and antivirus software; basic networking including DHCP/TCPIP; experience with deploying workstation images; and experience with thin and/or zero clients.
- Authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in ITIL Service Lifecycle processes.
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience.
- DoD 8140 certification required (IAT Level II).
- Computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. MCSA, VCP, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor, maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be open to up to 10% travel and possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Willingness to occasionally work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) to support customers, conduct system maintenance or remedy service outages.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years (or enrollment in Continuous Evaluation).
- Must be open to selection for random counterintelligence polygraph.