Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Information Technology Policy Analyst in support of a Department of Defense Chief Information Officer (CIO) customer. This high-profile contract will assist the DoD with the development and management of Department-wide information technology policies . We are seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented experienced information technology policy professional to join our team in the Arlington, VA area to provide subject matter expertise in Department of Defense information technology and cybersecurity policy and standards.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret / SCI US Government clearance
- Provide expert support to DoD CIO leadership on information technology, cybersecurity, and data policy, processes, and standards.
- Author draft DoD policy issuances and policy memoranda.
- Coordinate formal and informal stakeholder comment review and revision of DoD policy issuances and policy memoranda.
- Participate, and support DoD customer participation, in internal and external policy working groups and meetings.
- Interpret existing and new DoD and U.S. Government policy for applicability to customer mission.
- Provide recommendations to DoD customer on new and improved policy artifacts to improve DoD mission enablement and delivery.
- Assist in DoD correspondence management processes used to communicate tasking and guidance across the Department.
- Experience in Department of Defense or U.S. Government policy issuance activities, policy memoranda, and/or standards development.
- Experience with information technology and cybersecurity.
- Understanding of classified DoD and/or Intelligence Community activities, especially Special Access Programs.
- Strong written communications skills, ability to author both short- and long-form documents.
- Keen customer service skills, especially in supporting senior DoD officials.
- Ability to synthesize complex policy and technical matters into clear, effective policy documents written in accordance with U.S. Government “plain language” requirements.
- Experience with Special Access Programs a strong differentiator.
- Experience with DoD policy issuance process a strong differentiator.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10 or more years related experience. Master’s degree preferred.