Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Knowledge Manager and SharePoint Administrator to support a Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA.
Your excellent customer service, organizational, and technical skills will assist VIP Department of Defense customers in in the operation, troubleshooting, and routine maintenance of national security information technology. This position provides initial issue identification and troubleshooting, escalating as necessary, to assess and remediate challenges with endpoints, applications, and services in a timely manner.
The Knowledge Manager and SharePoint Administrator manages the organization and categorization of office data across multiple systems and technologies, including Microsoft Sharepoint. In this role you will serve as the Microsoft SharePoint administrator and content manager for a critical DoD customer and provides support and guidance to SharePoint users, ensures SharePoint functionality, updates the software as necessary, and addresses and resolves any issues with the software performance.
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Government Clearance Required
This position requires full-time on-site support. This is not a remote position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional, polite, friendly and helpful customer service to government customers on information technology issues.
- Act as liaison and action officer between office VIPs and IT support teams for multiple IT systems across many organizations and classification levels
- Coordinate the flow of information and the implementation of business processes within the organization, leveraging technology to streamline and automate standard workflows
- Troubleshoots issues promptly
- Manage the configuration and content of office SharePoint sties and document libraries
- Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint
- Customizes SharePoint sites for effective collaboration and content sharing including the creation of custom workflows.
- Provides technical support for SharePoint users.
- Holds training and informational sessions to teach coworkers how to use SharePoint and any custom applications or workflows.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to customer goals.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with user applications, operating systems, and hardware.
- Resolve customer inquiries both over the phone and by email
- Work in tandem with system administration and engineering teams to research and resolve system outages and errors
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Polite, friendly and helpful customer service and communications skills
- Documentation and triage capabilities
- Basic MS Office and Ticketing system experience
- Able to communicate clearly over the phone to end users. Is able to translate technical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes.
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of the function and makeup of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Servers.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
- Is able to handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Possesses ability to think creatively to devise customizations and uses for SharePoint
- Professional attitude
- Is able to think and work quickly to remedy system shutdowns or serious problems
- Willingness to learn new skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working with SharePoint is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or SharePoint Certification
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Active Top Secret/SCI clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years. Candidate must be open to a counter-intelligence polygraph.