Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Staff IT Systems Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, customer-oriented professional with experience in implementing, operating, and supporting secure Microsoft Windows based information systems to join a team of engineers and administrators supporting a worldwide DoD enterprise IT network.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
- Provide Tier 2-3 IT Systems support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers; Microsoft Windows 10; administering Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and workstation and server hardware; administering Microsoft Office 2010/2016; administering DNS, Group Policy, and PKI; administering vSphere, Horizon View, data backup, and antivirus software; basic networking including DHCP/TCPIP; experience with deploying workstation images; and experience with thin and/or zero clients.
- Diagnosing and resolving performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above.
- Authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
- Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer’s production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience.
- DoD 8140 certification required (IAT Level II).
- Computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. MCSA, VCP, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- Must be open to up to 10% travel.
- Willingness to occasionally work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) to support system maintenance or service outages.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years (or enrollment in Continuous Evaluation).
- Must be open to selection for random counterintelligence polygraph.