Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Principal Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
As a Principal Information System Security Engineer, you will provide critical systems, application and infrastructure support to our Department of Defense customer. You have the opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development. This is a great opportunity for technical and professional growth.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret US Government clearance
All Tau Six employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement security related products on an enterprise level. Integrate products into current environment.
- Create and maintain information system security documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Conduct periodic and continuous monitoring of the system, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with the authorization package
- Work within the IA team to perform basic system administration and maintain various IA tools, including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring capabilities
- Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage
- Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions; track findings with POA&M through mitigation and/or risk acceptance
- Responsible for the implementation of the information assurance program controls in accordance with DoDD 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Policy, DoDM 5205.07 SAP Security Manual(s), and the JSIG.
- Assist with security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested
- Work on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment
- Communicate well, both written and verbal.
- DoD 8570.1 / DoD 8140.01 certification (IAT III Level certification- CISSP is preferred)
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree (preferably in telecommunications, computer science, information systems management, electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar field of study) and have 7 to 10 years’ experience with information networks and related security concerns; or a Master's degree with 5 to 7 years’ experience
- Background and 3-5 years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience using various IA tools in audit collection, audit review, audit management, and end point protection (HBSS, McAfee ePO, ENS, DLP)
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise operations is preferred and Splunk certifications are highly desired
- A background and some experience with RMF, ICD 503, NIST SP800-53 or DCID 6/3, or knowledge of current authorization practices, particularly within the DoD is desired.
- Experience with security efforts related to modern Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco, SQL or Oracle databases, and virtualized systems are desired.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship and active TS clearance is required. SCI eligibility highly desired. Willingness to submit for CI Polygraph.