Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for an Expert IT Systems Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, self-starter with experience in securing information systems to join a team of engineers to architect, design, develop, and implement secure solutions. The successful candidate will have a wide range of expertise in the IT field and demonstrated ability to deliver solutions from concept to operations.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret US Government clearance
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, vCOPS, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the platforms listed above in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines.
- Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above.
- Writing implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting change requests.
- Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end to end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor's degree and nine (9) or more years of related experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- CISSP, Security+ or other DoD 8140 certification required
- ITIL certifications highly desired
- Microsoft or VMWare technical certification preferred.
- Current active Top Secret clearance required.