Join a fast growing agile small company that delivers cutting edge cybersecurity and system integration services to the US National Security market. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with experience in accrediting secure information systems to join a team of security professionals and help defend national security programs.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/SCI. Candidate must be willing to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph.
This position requires full-time on-site support. This is not a remote position.
The Security Control Assessor (SCA) will conduct and document a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system. Determine the overall control effectiveness through documentation review, inspections, testing and interviews. Provide an assessment of the severity of weakness or deficiencies and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Provide initial mitigation of Cybersecurity incidents, support incident investigations, and closure of the incident. Provide assessment of proposed technology (hardware, software, and firmware) for Cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Assessment of security controls and organizational requirements shall include:
- Assessment Package Feedback which focuses on the documentation submitted to support the various steps of Risk Management Framework (RMF). Recommend a format for this document for government approval.
- Security Assessment Report which focuses on the assessment of an information system in support of the authorization determination. Shall provide a draft report using the government provided template; may recommend format changes for government consideration.
- Periodic Cybersecurity Assessment Report or Security Compliance Report which focuses on the assessment of a Cybersecurity program at a location. Shall provide a draft report using the government provided template; may recommend format changes for government consideration.
- Cybersecurity Incident Reports which focus on documenting Cybersecurity incidents. Shall provide a draft report using the government provided template; may recommend format changes for government consideration.
- Technical Assessment of Hardware, Software, or Firmware. Shall document the technical assessment addressing Cybersecurity vulnerabilities via a government agreed format, such as a Help Desk ticket application, electronic mail, memorandum, etc.
- Shall develop an annual compilation of findings and observations based upon the Security Assessment Reports and Periodic Cybersecurity Assessment Reports or Security Compliance Reports based upon fiscal year assessments. The format shall be recommended for government approval. The compilation shall be void of system names, system identification numbers, government or contractor locations, and individual names.
- Draft and/or preliminary documents shall be presented in one of the following electronic formats: Microsoft Office version 2007 compatible (.docx, .xlsx, or .pptx) or the standard Portable Document Format (PDF) format. Final and/or approved format shall be determined by the government; may recommend additional formats.
- Travel approximately 30% annually.
- 4 or more years of experience in the validation of security configuration of operating systems.
- 2 or more years of experience applying Risk Management Framework (RMF) as described in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Security+ Continuing Education (CE) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) to meet the minimum credential requirements for Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
- Strongly desired experience with application of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Operating System/Computing Environment certificate for Windows Server 2012 or newer UNIX (Linux (Red Hat), Solaris).
- Experience with vulnerability scanners.
- Documented (certificate) RMF training provided by the Intelligence Community or DoD SAP community.
- Experience with assessing security relevant applications.
- Experience as a System Administrator, Information System Security Manager, or Information System Security Officer.
- Experience applying the requirements of the DoD Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) to information systems or Cybersecurity programs.