Senior Systems Engineer
Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer to support a Department of Defense customer in Chantilly, VA. At Tau Six you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
U.S. Government Clearance Required: Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years. Candidate must be open to CI polygraph.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Tier 3 IT Systems support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with (Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, Microsoft Windows 10, administering Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, workstation and server hardware, administering Microsoft Office 2010/2016, administering DNS, Group Policy, and PKI, administering vSphere, Horizon View, data backup, and antivirus software, basic networking, including DHCP/TCPIP, experience with deploying workstation images, and experience with thin or zero clients)
- Diagnosing and resolving the performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
- Writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
- Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers.
- Responsibility for investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of related experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification required
- DoD 8570 computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. MCSA, VCP or equivalent
- Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) on occasion to support system maintenance or service outages
- Travel up to 10
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Scripting experience or willingness to learn
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years. Candidate must be open to CI poly.
- Frequently moves Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy