Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Data Ontology Practitioner for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to help our customer define, and migrate to, a data-driven organization with real-world impacts to national security.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
The Data Ontology Practitioner discovers and categorizes the organization's data, and identifies relationships within data to provide leadership with objective information derived from the use of scientific, mathematical, and statistical principles. The results of this data will be used for making data-driven decisions regarding the governance, investment, and programmatic aspects of Tau Six customers’ programs. The goal is to assist our customers as they evolve into an interconnected data-driven organization.
This position develops ontologies for customer data across a variety of domains and helps them apply knowledge representation techniques to draw insights from large sets of structured and unstructured data.
- Your primary responsibility will be to build ontologies that help Tau Six customers understand their data and make data-driven mission critical decisions
- Engage stakeholders from across the Department of Defense to determine ontology requirements
- Work with subject matter experts to craft ontology content
- Identifying and publishing data tagging and classification standards for national security program data
- Analyzing a variety of data sources to provide data-driven insights to the organization to streamline processes
- Identify, process, label, parse, and index unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets
- Provide data project management (including identifying, collecting, cleaning and preparing data) and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets
- Determining the best and most efficient ways to collect quantitative information
- Developing data required for use in the management and direction of programs
- Establishing systems of classification, data taxonomies, and coding
- Defining useful measurements for cybersecurity and information system programs
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Possess a Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience within the Information Technology career field
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of collaborators
- Have experience building domain ontologies
- Have experience with formal representations of logical reasoning and inference
- Have experience with multi- or intra-disciplinary collaboration
- Experience supporting U.S. Federal Government customers, ideally the Department of Defense
- A bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Logic, or Linguistics preferred)
- 4+ years of experience within the Information Technology career field, with 2+ years experience in a data analysis / data science related position
- Experience building domain ontologies based on a top-level ontology
- Experience applying ontologies in natural language processing, image processing, or in the normalization/integration of heterogeneous data sources.
- Coursework in data structures, databases, metaphysics, knowledge representation, algorithms, mathematical logic, mereotopology, or software programming
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase