Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Enterprise Architect and Capabilities Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to help design and integrate future national security IT systems for a critical DoD customer.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
The Enterprise Architect & Capabilities Engineer will assist the DoD with the oversight and management of information technology projects to develop and integrate department-wide Enterprise services. The ideal candidate will bring a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. Candidates must be experienced in implementing IT projects and systems that will meet mission objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise in developing open, interoperable, and secure information technology architecture for classified programs.
- Oversee IT capability requirements definition and integration into broader enterprise ecosystem, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency
- Provide written expert position and recommendations, white papers, and concept of operations to gain Department-wide approval for new technical IT capabilities
- Oversee technology projects and evaluate them according to established goals and metrics
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by customer leadership
- Develop and revise business requirements for technology projects
- Apply architectural and functional specifications to each project
- Meet with stakeholders to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and mission needs
- Help document and enforce IT architectural and design standards across all projects
- Research and introduce new technologies for DoD customers
- Assist in creating community IT standards
- Improves operations by conducting functional and systems analyses and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Uphold Tau Six values and operating principles; foster a success-oriented, accountable environment. Lead using principles of mutual accountability and clear, direct, honest communication
- Understanding of key DoD architectural patterns and practices, especially the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Ability to synthesize complex requirements into cohesive solutions following the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience developing, designing, implementing, and supporting secure information technology systems, particularly within the DoD
- Experience with Special Access Programs a strong differentiator
- Experience creating DoD Initial Capabilities Documents
- Keen customer service skills, especially in supporting senior DoD officials
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MS/MA will be a plus
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the U.S. Federal Government.