Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Microsoft Exchange Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, customer-oriented professional with experience in implementing, operating, and supporting secure Microsoft Windows based information systems to join a team of engineers and administrators supporting a worldwide DoD enterprise IT network.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret US Government clearance
- Provide Tier 3 support and administration of enterprise Microsoft Exchange 2016/2019 infrastructure and Microsoft Outlook clients.
- Administration of Microsoft Windows server and VMWare infrastructure associated with Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, group policies, and public key infrastructure; administration of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2010/2016; experience with deploying workstation images, thin and zero clients.
- Diagnosing and resolving performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above.
- Authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
- Performing requirements analysis, requirements gathering, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing technical guidance to less-experienced IT Systems Engineers.
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer’s production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related experience.
- Requires 3+ years of Microsoft Exchange administration experience.
- DoD 8140 certification required (IAT Level II).
- Computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. MCSE: Productivity, Microsoft 365 Certified Messaging or equivalent Microsoft Exchange certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- Must be open to up to 10% travel.
- Willingness to occasionally work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) to support system maintenance or service outages.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years (or enrollment in Continuous Evaluation).
- Must be open to selection for random counterintelligence polygraph.