Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for an Infrastructure as Code Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
As an Infrastructure as Code Engineer, you will provide critical security support to a code-first, cloud-centric DevSecOps environment for our Department of Defense customer. You have the opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development.
Why Join Us:
- Work with a team of highly skilled professionals on exciting projects in the national security domain.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced, agile environment, where your ideas and expertise are valued.
- Engage in diverse technical areas, contributing to operations, engineering, security, and systems development.
- Expand your knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Make a difference by delivering cutting-edge solutions that protect our national security.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret US Government clearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement security related configurations using custom Powershell, bash, Python, or Ansible scripts on an enterprise level. Integrate security products into current environment for automated provisioning and deployment.
- Assist in the design of enterprise cloud infrastructure and services to ensure security requirements are met.
- Use automation platforms, such as Ansible Automation Platform, to provision security tools, sensors, and analytics.
- Automate security testing through custom scripts and orchestration platforms.
- Create and maintain information system security documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Work within the cybersecurity team to perform basic system administration and maintain various cybersecurity tools, including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring capabilities.
- Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes.
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage
- Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions; track findings with POA&M through mitigation and/or risk acceptance.
- Responsible for the implementation of the information assurance program controls in accordance with DoDD 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Policy, DoDM 5205.07 SAP Security Manual(s), and the JSIG.
- Assist with security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested.
- Work on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written methods.
- Experience in cloud or highly-virtualized environments, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, VMWare ESXi, Nutanix, etc.
- Experience creating scripts to implement and automate system deployment and configurations is required for consideration for this position.
- DoD 8140.01 certification (IAT III Level certification - CISSP is preferred).
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree (preferably in telecommunications, computer science, information systems management, electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar field of study) and have 5 to 7 years’ experience with information networks and related security concerns; or a Master's degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Background and 3-5 years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience using various cybersecurity tools in audit collection, audit review, audit management, and end point protection (HBSS, McAfee ePO, ENS, DLP).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies a plus.
- A background and some experience with RMF, ICD 503, NIST SP800-53 or DCID 6/3, or knowledge of current authorization practices, particularly within the DoD is desired.
- Experience with security efforts related to modern Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco, SQL or Oracle databases, and virtualized systems are desired.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship and active TS clearance is required.