Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Automation and Orchestration Engineer for a Department of Defense program in Springfield, VA. As a member of the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team, the DevOps Engineer will focus on identifying, assessing, and developing script-based automation to help standardize and streamline IT administrative tasks and processes.
The DevOpsEngineer provides a combination of software and system engineering (SE) knowledge, skills, abilities, standards and best practices to implement modern IT solutions leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting
- The developer will also implement and test Microsoft Just Enough Administration (JEA) setups to improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
Must have active current Top Secret / SCI U.S. Government clearance
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience with end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern languages (i.e. PowerShell, Python) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-level systems, applications, and services in a multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information system
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows based operating systems, services, and applications (i.e. AD, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server) in production enterprise environments
- 3 or more years of experience actively performing code/script design, writing, testing, troubleshooting, optimization, deployment, improvement, and documentation
- 3 or more years hands-on experience incorporating recognized best practices into code/script development, including but not limited to the areas of code generation, comments, logging, error checking and handling, remote execution, multi-threading, reports, and notifications
- 3 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. government information assurance and security standards, such as DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
- Must have experience scripting with Microsoft PowerShell
- Demonstrated ability to capture, analyze, and decompose stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to design valuable solutions for a production environment which take into account technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraints
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area of study
- GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
- Technical certifications for IT infrastructure and enterprise applications are a plus (i.e. Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Red Hat, Splunk, VMware)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (i.e. Azure, AWS, Nutanix)
- Experience scripting with Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with at least one programming language (i.e. C#, Java)
- Experience using data-oriented and markup languages (i.e. XML, JSON, YAML)
- Experience with source/version control systems (i.e. Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and running IT process automation (or orchestration) using tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Calm, or Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with API and unit testing tools (i.e. SonarQube, Pester, Postman, REST-assured)
- Familiarity with containers and container management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; OR
NEC 741A Information System Security Manager; or
NEC 742A Network Security Vulnerability Technician; or
NEC H08A Advanced Network Analyst; OR
Industry Certifications (in the absence of a bachelor's degree, one of the following certifications must be held):
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP); or
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching *Retired; or
- CompTIA Security+ce