Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, customer-oriented professional with experience in implementing, operating, and supporting secure Cisco based local area and wide area networks to join a team of engineers and administrators supporting a worldwide DoD enterprise IT network.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and troubleshooting on Cisco network devices.
- Provide network monitoring services via SolarWinds and Cisco Prime infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and resolving performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above.
- Authoring network documentation via Microsoft Visio.
- Authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
- Analyzing requirements specifications, conducting network performance modeling, and performing end-to-end functional analysis.
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer’s production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related experience.
- DoD 8140 certification required (IAT Level II).
- Computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. CCNP, CCNA or equivalent.
- Experience using and administering Cisco network devices, firewalls, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Experience using and administering SolarWinds infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI, DNA, Prime, and ISE.
- Knowledge of TACLANE network encryptors and GEM One.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- Strong written communication and customer relations skills.
- Experience authoring accurate technical documentation within Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Resourcefulness, adaptiveness, inclination for learning.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience operating VMWare NSX-T infrastructure.
- Experience working with Service Desk ticketing systems, such as Remedy or ServiceNow.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years (or enrollment in Continuous Evaluation).
- Must be open to selection for random counterintelligence polygraph.