Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer in support of a Department of Defense customer. We are seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented experienced information technology professional to join our team in the Columbia, MD area to provide subject matter expertise and best practices in networking technology, design, and management.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret / SCI US Government clearance
- Design and maintains computer networks, including wide and local area networks, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware.
- Install and configuring network equipment as necessary
- Establish and maintain firewalls and other cybersecurity systems to keep data and communications protected
- Monitors networks to improve network performance for all systems
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate networking issues to other employees and management
- Implement disaster recovery procedures in coordination and partnership with customer and other technical teams
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to networks and systems
- Partners with the customer to develop and implement strategic technology initiatives.
- Collaborates on critical projects to ensure that networking issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Evaluates vendors’ offerings in providing telecommunications services, products, or support.
- Collates key telecommunication metrics, including wide and local area performance and availability.
- Advises the customer on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests.
- Supports the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) documentation for compliance with DoD Cybersecurity policy and agency guidance, including DoD 8500 series, CNSS 1253, and NIST special publications.
- Implements required cybersecurity policy, including Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, security technical implementation guides (STIGs), automated scans, test and evaluations, and vulnerability assessments.
- Comprehensive understanding of network technologies, protocols, devices, and software to include:
- TCP/IP, OSPF, MPLS, and EIGRP protocols
- Cisco networking equipment, software, and monitoring systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Routers, switches, and firewalls
- Bulk encryption devices and key management
- Wide area network (WAN) technologies
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Virtualized Networks (Cloud)
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot network and security infrastructure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
- Ability to communicate technical information to other technical team members but also to coworkers in other departments who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Familiar with Agile development practices
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiar with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), its controls, requirements and documentation
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI
- 5+ years of networking experience (within Department of Defense or U.S. Intelligence Community preferred)
Minimum Education Required/Desired:
- High school diploma with networking certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with networking certifications preferred