Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a Senior Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Administrator for a Department of Defense program in Springfield, VA.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret / SCI. This is a full-time on site position.
The Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) Senior Administrator supports the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Infrastructure team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available Hosting and Service Provider services in direct support of the customer’s business and mission needs. Specifically, the Senior HCI Administrator will be responsible for a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with all deployed virtualization, storage, and data protection related systems, applications, and service technologies on multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems in support of the customer’s data center and remote site environments.
The Senior HCI Administrator supports all virtualization-based O&M tasking of deployed operational Infrastructure solutions backed by Citrix, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veeam, and VMware. The Senior Systems Administrator also supports all storage-based O&M tasking of deployed operational storage solutions backed by Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, and VMware. When storage issues, incidents, and/or problems arise, the Senior Systems Administrator provides direct troubleshooting and problem resolution support, to include Root Cause Analysis (RCA), working with both internal organization and vendor subject matter experts (SMEs).
The Senior HCI Administrator also produces and maintains documentation of the Infrastructure team’s systems, sub-systems, and components in the customer’s IT Hosting portfolio, including as-built documentation, drawings, capacity/performance plans, and all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
Working alongside the Senior Systems Engineer the Senior HCI Administrator supports the exploration, investigation, research, analysis, and assessment of new virtualization, storage, and data protection technologies, methods, and/or approaches to modernize and improve upon existing Infrastructure solutions.
Infrequent travel may be required to support the customer’s IT enterprise, specifically Infrastructure related systems, at data centers or remote sites away from their primary location, but all routine operations are fully performed remotely.
- Shall have 5 or more years of proven hands-on experience implementing, operating and maintaining globally dispersed enterprise-level virtualization systems, backed by Microsoft, Nutanix and/or VMware, providing virtualization capabilities and service offerings such as Guest desktop and server virtualization to an IT enterprise.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience implementing, operating, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Shall have 3 or more years of proven hands-on experience implementing, operating, and maintaining globally dispersed enterprise-level storage solutions, backed by Microsoft, NetApp, and/or Nutanix, providing enterprise storage services including Block (iSCSI) and File (CIFS, NFS) level storage and data protection (disaster recovery, migration, replication, snapshots, etc.) to a variety of end-point consumers (desktops, servers, hypervisors, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience implementing, operating, and maintaining HCI solutions to provide virtualization, storage, data protection, and networking services and their capabilities to offer scalable converged compute and storage for enterprise-level consumers. Ideally this HCI experience would be based on the Nutanix ECP.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing virtualization and storage infrastructure systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation, capacity and sizing issues, and tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor provided best practices, systems, applications, and services to regularly patch and upgrade deployed infrastructure virtualization and storage solutions.
Education: Bachelor Degree from accredited University; or Certification: CompTIA Security+ ce; or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP); AND Operating System/Computing Environment Certificate: Operating System/Computing Environment (OS/CE) certificate of training
- Strongly desired to be certified in a current enterprise-level technical certification in virtualization, storage, HCI, and/or data protection, such as Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, or VMware. Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional (NCAP) or higher is most desired.
- Strongly desired to be trained in the operations, maintenance, and best practices of Nutanix ECP solutions focusing on Acropolis, AHV, Prism, Calm, Files, Flow, Era, Volumes, Objects (previously Buckets), and Move (previously Xtract).
- Technical certifications in enterprise-level storage vendor technologies, such as Microsoft and/or NetApp, are also a plus. Current certification with NetApp in NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA), ONTAP is most desired.
- Technical certifications in enterprise-level Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) vendor technologies, such as Citrix and/or VMware are also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the operations, maintenance, and best practices of NetApp storage systems, to include NetApp ONTAP, NetApp FAS and All-Flash filers, AltaVault, and StorageGRID web-scale appliances.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining Nutanix Acropolis 5 and/or VMware vSphere ESXi 6 or newer.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization hypervisor offerings from Microsoft, Nutanix, and VMware and how to efficiently deploy, configure, secure, and operate them.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of the different physical storage system configuration options (compute, networking, disk shelf, disk drive type, disk drive speed, etc.), their recommended use cases, as well as general best practices for achieving optimal and efficient storage solutions, especially for high-performing consumers.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding data protection technologies, such as those offered by Nutanix and Veeam, to effectively backup, snapshot, replication, archive, and restore all required tiers of storage within pre-defined Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs).
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging tiered storage system configurations, their recommended use cases, and general best practices for providing the right level of storage service to the requesting workload – physical and/or virtual.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Microsoft PowerShell, and vendor-specific modules like Nutanix Cmdlets and VMware PowerCLI, for the purposes of automating and orchestrating routine, as well as complex, administrative and operational tasking.
- Demonstrated experience working with the Veeam Availability Suite to further protect, backup, and monitor virtual workloads running on Nutanix Acropolis and VMware vSphere platforms as well as physical workloads via the respective Veeam Agents.
- Working knowledge of on-premises cloud-based Simple Storage Service (S3) solutions to provide enterprise-level unstructured data at scale for various use cases such as data archiving and long-term online backups across globally dispersed data centers.
- Working knowledge of using Nutanix Calm to provide enterprise-level automation and orchestration capabilities within virtualized data centers to include application lifecycle management, self-service marketplace, governance, and provisioning.
- Working knowledge of using Nutanix Flow to provide advanced application-centric networking and information security (INFOSEC) services in order to gain visibility and granular control of enterprise hosted applications.
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) technologies, concepts, and approaches to offering enterprise-level IT services for production business and mission critical workloads.
- Familiarity with Citrix-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems, applications, and services such as Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenDesktop) and Application Delivery Controller (ADC) (formerly NetScaler) to offer VDI and Application presentations via a centralized Hosting platform.
- Familiarity with basic Networking troubleshooting concepts and approaches.