Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for two (2) Senior Network Operations Center Engineers for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We seek a motivated, customer-oriented professional with experience in operating and supporting secure Cisco based local area and wide area networks to join a team of engineers and administrators supporting a worldwide DoD enterprise IT network.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Top Secret/SCI US Government clearance
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and troubleshooting on Cisco network devices.
- Provide network monitoring services via SolarWinds and Cisco Prime infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and resolving performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above.
- Authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
- Analyzing requirements specifications, conducting network performance modeling, and performing end-to-end functional analysis.
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer’s production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related experience.
- DoD 8140 certification required (IAT Level II).
- Computing environment certification required within 6 months of hire. Cisco, Microsoft or equivalent certification.
- Experience working within network operations center / enterprise operations center environments.
- Experience using and administering Cisco network devices, routing protocols, firewalls, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Experience using and administering SolarWinds infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products.
- Strong written communication, organizational, and customer relations skills.
- Experience authoring accurate technical documentation within Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Resourcefulness, adaptiveness, inclination for learning.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience operating VMWare NSX-T infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI, DNA, Prime, and ISE.
- Knowledge of TACLANE network encryptors and GEM One.
- Experience working with Service Desk ticketing systems, such as Remedy or ServiceNow.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Willingness to occasionally work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) to support system maintenance or service outages.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years (or enrollment in Continuous Evaluation).
- Must be open to selection for random counterintelligence polygraph.